Made these for the Halloween contest at #fibermancy [link]
Beware of swollen knees and streach marks...
I've had these in my "to do" knitting list for ages but never gotten a real good chance to make them. I saw the contest last week and I thought to myself that I really should enter but I didn't know with what since we don't really celebrate Halloween here in Norway. I knew I had some orange yarn left from my autumn socks [link]
so I figured that I should be able to make something out of it.
Then browsing through patterns I saw this Selbudeath stockings again and I just knew that they were perfect! But I didn't have enough yarn for them... It didn't take long before I ordered more yarn, hoping it would arrive in time, and I couldn't wait to get started with them. Halfway through the second skull, I thought to myself that I really should put some dark green into these stockings, so the green part were planned, I did not just put it there cause I was afraid I would run out of black. I was thinking about making more green parts but then I would either have to undo them all the way to the ribbing, forget about it or just do as I did. And I'm pretty pleased with them!
I also managed to squeeze a skull in on the toe as well Might do more of these!
Work done by me (c) ~KnitLizzy
Pattern can be found here: [link]